Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My sharp aquos model LC52SE94U just started flashing on and

My sharp aquos model LC52SE94U just started flashing on and off....
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Also, is it the TV itself that's turning on and off, or the power light is blinking once it turns off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is just the screen, the power light stays lit.

I've had the TV for almost 3 years.

The problem just started about 30 minutes ago.

I've actually just kind of figured it out. I went into the setting and turned off the OPC and turned the back light down a little. What card can i replace to fix this issue?

Thanks for the the reply. The OPC (Optical Picture Sensor), can actually cause this problem, the same as the Ambilight in a Phillips. This controls the amount of voltage the Inverters produce, which is determined by the Power Supply Board. If you want to fix this, you would replace the Power Supply Board, and in some cases the Inverters. The reason it is hard to tell, is that we don't know if it's the inverters that become unstable when the voltage is raised, or the Power Supply that's unable to provide the additional voltage and oscillating.

The most sensible solution is to purchase both the Inverter and the Supply, and replace one at a time until the problem is solved, then return the un-needed board. Again, the power supply is the MOST common cause of this however.

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does this piece of info help narrow it down at all: Since we have been talking I am having to slowly decrease the back light display setting a little at a time, but then it comes back in. Eventually I will have the display all the way down and it will still be doing it.

By what I understand, I'm looking at buying two separate parts: Inverter and a power supply. Is this correct?

Yes, that is what I had thought. Lowering the backlight level is allowing the screen to stay on because either the Power Supply Output to the Inverters, or the Inverters themselves have the fault. These are two separate components.

The link below is to this board.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHARP-RUNTKA393WJZZ-INVERTER-BOARD-MDL-LC-52SE94U-/170486652331?pt=US_TV_Boards_Parts_Components&hash=item27b1cbddab

Then the following link is to the Power Supply:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/servlet/the-3065/SHARP-POWER-SUPPLY-BOARD/Detail