Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My picture all of a sudden popped and now I have a double

My picture all of a sudden popped and now I have a double picture
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back or side of TV?
- What video devices are connected to TV and do you get double picture on all video sources of TV?
- How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX
It is 2 years old
Only cable was attached
Thanks for the info.

- Can you please provide more info about 'double picture'?
- Is cable directly plug in TV or a cable box hooked in TV for channels?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The screen shows double of what is on it.
Cable box is hooked into TV for channel
Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Please post back how it worked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
- OK, does menu screen appear normal if press menu button on TV or its remote or its also double?

- Can you please provide a picture of TV screen to view that double picture problem that will help to diagnose the problem quickly. You may please upload the picture at any file sharing site and post file link to view / download it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sent you the picture in a webmail
Please upload that picture at any of following site and after uploading, post the file link here to view it..

Just drag and drop the picture file to start uploading on above site page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for picture that helped a lot to diagnose the problem.

Unfortunately it is display panel (screen) related problem, sorry for that news.
There is little chance of defective T-Con board that can cause such problem but mostly it is found display panel problem.
T-Con board would be mounted at center of rear of display panel under metal shield and swapping of identical T-Con board might help to resolve the problem, if it doesn't then I'm sorry entire display panel (screen) will be replaced that would cost more than new TV price of same screen size.
You can get replacement but identical T-Con board from following site if want to take chance.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this issue and it is definitely hardware problem in TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!