Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We have a samsung LCD TV and now the ENTIRE screen is tinted

We have a samsung LCD TV and now the ENTIRE screen is tinted green. We have taken the back off and "dusted" the connection,cables but that did not help. Suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. To start we need to know:
1. What is the full model number of the Tv?
2. If you press MENU on the original Samsung Tv remote, is that also tinted green?
3. Does the problem happen if you connect different things into the Tv using different types of connections- hdmi, component, composite, coax?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model: HL61A750A1FXZA

Yes even in the MENU it is tinted green

Yes even if we connect different things, ie: netflix, dvd, etc.

I think this is a different problem but we also have a white dot in approx the middle of the screen

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Jill,
The white dot is the DLP Chip-
Click here to buy chip and watch install video

The green picture is likely the Red LED failed-
Click here to buy Red LED
Click here to watch install video

If you cannot do this type of DIY work then you can find a trusted local repair shop by entering your zip code info here:

Click here to find you local repair shops

I wish there was better news. Please understand that I am here to give you honest and complete information. At least you are now informed of your options.

If you need more assistance then REPLY here otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,
Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup