Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My 65 " Mitsubishi tv will turn itself off and the back intermitently.

My 65 " Mitsubishi tv will turn itself off and the back intermitently. any suggestions
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. To start we need to know:
1. Can you please double check the model number? maybe WD-65731
2. Has any parts or work been done? what? when?
3. Is the Tv actually turning off or just loosing picture and/or sound? When the problem happens, what are the LED's on the front panel doing? Is the Tv clicking, buzzing, other noises when it happens?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry the model is wd-65733. I have replaced the control board last yr, also I have replaced the bulb a year or so ago. I don't think it shuts off completely since the grn lt stays on. I just lose pic and audio.

Exactly what is connected to the Tv? more than one thing? does the problem happen if you connect a bluray/dvd player?

And when it looses picture and audio:
Is the lamp still lit?
If you press MENU on the Mitsubishi remote, do you see the menu on screen?

And exactly where did you buy the lamp from? name of store? how much did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a couple of dvd players hooked up, but no blue-ray. The menu screen is available and the grn light is on when I lose the pic & audio. I have no idea how much I pd for the lamp. Probably less than $100

If you can see the Tv menu when you loose picture and sound then it's NOT the lamp. You can try an AV reset-

With the Tv on.
Unplug all the AV wires (mark if needed)
On the Mitsubishi remote press MENU, 1, 2, 3, Enter
Follow the on screen instructions to complete the reset
Plug in your AV devices one at a time and follow the on screen instructions to setup each device

Test audio/video and if you still need help then REPLY here otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,