Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

Hi My Samsung 67A750 started showing as of today a yellowish

Hi
My Samsung 67A750 started showing as of today a yellowish tint all over the picture. Tried playing with calibration/brightness/led temperature etc..., but couldn't get rid of the problem.
Thanks for your help
Jaime
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for?

Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi

I have the same issue as soon as i turn it on, regardless of what is connected, even in the setup screens

I have a cable box and streamer connected to the tv through a small sony home theater amp.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I forgot to mention i have the tv since december 2008 it's been working flawlessly since then

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the reply.

If you are 100% certain that the TV's internal setup screens (not the setup from a Cable Box, etc.), are also affected then there are no settings or adjustments on the TV that will fix this. The TV's MENU is unaffected by color, contrast, etc. adjustments. The issue you're having is actually a fault in the TV that requires component replacement.
The issue is either in one of the LED chips burning out and failing (most commonly the green), or the LED driver board itself is not providing adequate voltage to the LED chips.

This is a common failure in any sets that use the LED engine technology and is a costly fix. Average price for this type of repair is around $600 parts and labor if the LED driver is faulty, or closer to $250 if it's a simple chip replacement.

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Well i figured out one of the leds could be burning, or so, arrived to you guys after reading this great post: http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/6jy9g-hello-i-samsung-67a750-just-started-going.html

I just didn't know which led defaults when the set becomes yellowish...

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the reply.

This could be caused by the Green burning up, or the Red LED failing. Both are much more common than the Blue failing for some reason unknown to me. What you would actually want to do, is remove the rear of the TV, trip the lamp door switch (tape it down), then look to see which LED of the three is not lighting at all, or is screamingly brighter than the others. This will tell you if you have to replace the Red, or the Green.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your help!

I did not understand what you meant in "trip the lamp door switch (tape it down),"

Also, how do i test the leds's lighting, do i have to turn on the tv or should i use a 9v battery with each led?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
There is a lamp door switch. When you remove the back of the TV, the switch may go to the open position. Find the two little wires that run from the body of the TV up to the lamp door cover, and that will be your switch. You would just take a piece of tape and tape the switch in the "closed" position. This is so that you can turn the TV on without the rear cover in place. You would then power the TV on and visually identify which LED is not lit.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.