Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

Hello FRank,I am an owner of a Samsung 42 inch Plasma Model

Hello FRank,
I am an owner of a Samsung 42 inch Plasma Model #SP-4251. When set is turned on the picture is distorted and scrambled. After severl minutes is clears up with small vertical lines on screen. I have replaced both upper and lower Y boards. I have also replaced the tuner board and the power supply. Yet the problem still exists....HELP PLEASE!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Does it happen with other inputs please like a dvd for example?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is this effect OVER the menu display as well as the lines?

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes the problem exists thru the dvd player. And the menu is viewable without distortion.

Hi

OK could you please upload a photo of the inside of the set you can do that by using the paperclip on your toolbar if you see it or a free photosite of your choice like www.imgur.com and send me the link

Let me know if you have problems with that

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Stand by

Hi

OK

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Pic sent lemme know if you recvd it it was sent thru email..the email address will beXXX@XXXXXX.XXX..also when the menu button is pushed the scrambled images are behind the menu screen.

Hi

No you can't do that
If your having trouble send it toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX for the att of anthony info tech alsoi you must use the email that you registered with justanswer to send them from

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Ok..sorry for the delay

Hi

Its OK admin will send the pic on to me I havent received it as yet

Thanks

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Ok here we go..picture sent

Hi

OK admin will forward the pic on to me I will get back to you when I have it

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I resent another picture just in case the first failed I have received an email from administration and they received the email

Hi

I have the first pic now thanks

Could you please send me the partnumbers of all the boards you replaced

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Hold on

Hi

OK

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Power supply BN96-01217A, LOWER Y BUFFER SAMSUNG LJ92-00797D,UPPER Y BUFFER BOARD FUNAI 1EDM10321, TUNER BOARD BN94-00617A I can also send video/pic of the moniter and the images displayed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Power supply BN96-01217A, LOWER Y BUFFER SAMSUNG LJ92-00797D,UPPER Y BUFFER BOARD FUNAI 1EDM10321, TUNER BOARD BN94-00617A

Hi XXXXX feel the boards you have replaced besides the power board have no bearing to your issue

These type of issues are difficult without using specialist test equipment like an oscilloscope however I feel its a mainboard problem thats the input board next to the tuner you fitted you need to get the partnumber from that board and use board pulling sites like www.shopjimmy.com ,if you can send the boards you have fitted back usually the company will charge a restocking fee.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Ok thanks for your assistance regarding this matter.

Hi

OK you will need to order the board by partnumber only

Let me know how it works out

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating should you need additional help later, and no further charges

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main