Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

Vizio 55" LED LCD HDTV wont turn on. The Vizio sign glows

Vizio 55" LED LCD HDTV won't turn on. The Vizio sign glows orange.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Steven.
Thank you for asking your question today.
Please understand if your TV has an internal circuit failure there is nothing I can do to fix it from a chat forum. I may be able to provide you with some incite as to the problem or cost of repair or possibly provide you with some information to repair it your self. Could you tell me, When you press the power button does the TV attempt to turn on, does the LED flash or does anything show up on the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does nothing.

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the Vizio logo is orange, it is that when it is in the stanby mode? then you press the power button and nothing happens at all either with the remote control or the power buton on the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
The fact that nothing at all happens when the power button is pressed it a certain sign that there is a internal failure, either the power supply has failed or the main boad has failed.
How may I help, would like a probable cost of repair or are you going to try and repair it your-self?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, what do you think it will cost to repair?
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
There cetainly would have to be some diagnostics done to determind the acuall cause but the two possibilites are the power supply or the main board. The power supply is around 100.00 while the main board is around 160.00 an additional charge for labor would range from 75.00 to 150.00 depending on the service centers in your area. With that being said I think the repair cost will fall between 175 on the low side to a high of 310.00 I wish I could narrow it down a bit but without getting my hands on it to diagnose the acuall cause it is difficult at best. I think it would certainlly be worth having evaluated by a tech. That should range from 35 to 75 dollars and be applied to the repair cost if you agree to the estimate.
Steven, Technician
Experience: Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.