Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to regester on acorntv, they are asking for a code

I am trying to regester on acorntv, they are asking for a code from roku. I don't know what that is or where to find it!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

can you tell me where you're doing this at? Are you on the acorn tv website (on your computer)?

Nathan :

Also have you already installed the acorn channel on the roku?

Customer:

yes. on my computer. I am trying to regester with acorn but they want a roku code.

Nathan :

Okay, did you install the acorn channel on the roku already?

Customer:

no

Nathan :

You have to do that, then within the acorn channel on the roku.

Nathan :

when you first open, it will give you a few options,

Nathan :

one of them will be "authorize", which will provide the needed code to complete the acorn registration on your computer.

Nathan :

You can go into the "channel store" on the roku, and search for acorntv, and download/install it that way,

Nathan :

or you can initiate the install from your computer, by going here: https://owner.roku.com/add/acorntv, then click on Add channel

Customer:

how can i install acorn on ruko when there is nothing on roku when i open it.

Nathan :

Have you activated the roku already? Meaning have you set up an internet connection on the roku, have other apps working (netflix, etc)?

Customer:

yes. i see you have given me a site to go to, I will try that.

Nathan :

Okay, so after you click on the link I sent, that will tell the roku to load the acorn channel.

Nathan :

Then, from the roku, you'll see AcornTv along with your other apps/channels (like netflix, youtube, etc)

Customer:

Thank you.

Nathan :

go into acorn there, and choose Sign In and Authorize

Nathan :

The roku will then prompt you to sign in to your acorn account (with your email/password)

Nathan :

it will then give you the auth code to enter on the acorn website to complete the registration

Customer:

I regestered with roku but did not see a code. or is that the pin # ?

Nathan :

On the roku, within the Acorn channel, did you go to the AUTHORIZE option?

Nathan :

that is where you'll get the 4 digit code/pin, which is then entered on the acorn website ( www.acorn.tv/roku )

Customer:

sorry to give so many problems. I went into that link but i don't see anything there about authorize.

Nathan :

Lets go back a step,

Nathan :

you got the acorn channel installed on the roku, right?

Customer:

yes

Nathan :

Ok, what did you do next (on the roku device)

Customer:

It asked for email address, password, and pin no. it then said acorntv would be added to roku.

Nathan :

Do you have an existing acorntv account? If so, is it a premium/paid account?

Customer:

yes

Nathan :

So on the roku itself (not the computer or website), it asked you for a pin?

Customer:

no on acorntv i am trying to register my account and it needs this code from roku to complete the deal.

Nathan :

Right, so the process is that you go onto the roku (on the tv, not computer), open the acorn app

Nathan :

look for an option that says AUTHORIZE, when you do, you'll see a 4 digit code on the tv. That code is what you then go and enter into the acorn registration site on the computer.

Customer:

ok thank you very much, i will try that. thanks again.

Nathan :

You're welcome.

Nathan :

If you get stuck, just let me know and I'll try to help get you back on track.

Customer:

ok.

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.