Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Bought TV Model SLED2900F in June 2013. Tonight suddenly picture

Bought TV Model SLED2900F in June 2013. Tonight suddenly picture and sound are both gone. I tried unplugging for one hour, no success. Nothing happens even when I manually push power button. Little red button is still on at right buttom of TV. Cable is still functioning. Still under warranty. How do I get TV to work? Thanks.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

When you turn on the TV and press the Menu button, can you see a menu on the screen?
What devices and inputs do you have connected to the TV?
Do you have any experience in electronic testing and repair?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing on the screen when I push the menu button. Looks like the TV is just turned off.

I have a VCR/DVD combination attached. The TV has worked fine for 4 months since I have had it.

Time Warner Cable came out for a service call to set up the TV for me. I have no experience with any of this and I didn't trust myself to set it up the right way.

Do I just need to take it in to a repair shop?

Hi Phyllis,

The symptoms indicate that the TV has an internal fault.

Since it is just a few months old, you should return it to the retailer for a free repair or replacement TV set.