Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

the backlight to my tv is not lighting up the screen, what

the backlight to my tv is not lighting up the screen, what wrong?
Hello and thank you for the question.

Have you measured the voltage from the PS out to the Inverters, and is it present?

Also, are you getting a shadowy, dimly lit image when you shine a flashlight on the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can not check the voltage but yes I can see screen with flashlight

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not able to check the voltage because i dont have supplies, but yes i can see screen with flashlight

Okay, if you can see the image with a flashlight then we know there is one of two things wrong, because you've already replaced your Inverter.

1) The power supply board that powers the inverter is faulty. There's several outputs on this board, and the one that drives the inverter may be out causing the inverter to not light up.

2) The backlights in the LCD panel itself are bad, which is why they are not lighting with the inverter replacement. There is no way to test the panel's lights though, unless we know the inverter is good, and the power supply feed for the inverter is good.

So, at this stage, all you can do, is replace the Power Supply Board. If the screen still does not light (which is rare), then you have a bad panel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well the weird thing is, the tv did work just two days ago but only for that night did it work. it didnt work before, all we had done at that point in time was change the fuse and hit this little button that was on one of the boards on the back that seemed to reset the tv.

I need more details Tyler- where was the fuse you replaced? And where was this little switch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the fuses are on the power supply board, and the button is one the other board that is on the left and is not the inverter board

I don't know what button you could have pressed that would have caused the TV to work, but the answer I gave above still stands. If you need further assistance let me know.

You need to replace the power supply board at this point.