Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

No sound coming from my 70 inch sharp aqous. Pictures good

No sound coming from my 70 inch sharp aqous. Pictures good but no sound. Sound was good all day just wnt out
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?

If so , do they have the same problem ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. cable. blue ray

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k and do you get any sound when playing the blueray ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I`m having some problems with the computer and replying to you from a small tablet .

I will opt out and repost your question for other techs.

Just standby and someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then and please do not reply to this otherwise the question will not be re-posted.

Thank you

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

Only because I need to be 100% certain, in order to help you solve the problem, are you NOT able to get sound on BOTH Cable and the Blu Ray player- can you double check this again for me please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No sound on cable box and blu ray

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you.

Is the Blu ray just a Blu Ray player, or is it a surround sound system?

Also, how long have you had the set for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just blu ray. 1 1/2 years tops

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I have seen this problem occur before on Sharp sets. Let's try a hard reset of the TV and let me know what happens.

Unplug the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in and press power once. Let me know what happens.

If there's still no sound, raise the volume of the set all of the way and let me know if there's any buzz or hum coming from the speakers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still no sound. with volume turned up no humming or buzzing

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
This usually indicates that the Audio IC on the mainboard has failed, which is a common issue with Sharp TV's. Can you get me the model number off of the back of the set?

Also, are you looking to replace the board yourself?

Or are you looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Repair and diagnosis estimate....LC70LE632U

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the problem you're having indicates that the audio IC that drives the internal speakers has failed. It is common in these sets as they use very low powered amplifier IC's that generally heat up and fail. The IC is located on the mainboard, and requires the board be replaced. This type of repair is typically around $275 to replace the Mainboard. I wish I had better news, but there are no resets or buttons you can press to fix this problem and the set will require service. If you'd like you can locate a tech at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If not, please do not forget to rate my answer.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.