Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Optoma EP727 DLP projector Problem-Will not turn on. Unit

Optoma EP727 DLP projector
Problem-Will not turn on.
Unit is 4 years old used about 2 hours per week.
Unit was ceiling mounted and the control buttons did not respond.
Changed batteries in the remote still no response.
Took unit down plugged and plugged in to a known good power outlet and different power cord no response.
I was reading on a website that the remote has a lock function but it's not clear if it was for the remote itself or the projector. Grandkids may pressed buttons on the remote.

Any ideas?
Hello and thank you for the question.

Are there any signs of life at all on the Projector when you press power, or otherwise (power light lit or blinking, Fans turn on, clicmk sounds, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No lights or fan. No sign of life at all. I thought perhaps there was a fuse if it overheated. Unit was not dusty and all the vents are clear.

Thanks for the reply Matt. If you have no signs of life at all, then the main AC fuse in the unit at the very least, or a component on the power supply circuit at worst has failed. The unit would at least have a power light if there was voltage going to it. The first thing you would want to do is remove the screws holding the bottom and top halves of the projector together and remove the covers. Then locate the AC fuse where the power cord enters the unit and inspect/test or replace as necessary. If the issue goes beyond that, then the power supply in the projector will need to be replaced or serviced.

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).