Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

just bought a gpx # XXXXX 3253p 32 " led hdtv + dvd. can not

star-full

just bought a gpx # XXXXX 3253p 32 " led hdtv + dvd. can not get a channel to go on. it keeps telling me to scan and it only scans up to 67 channels and I have hundreds. hope I didn't make a mistake purchasing it. please help like the looks of it.

carol schaefer
Hello and thank you for the question.

Are you using a cable box or direct coaxial cable from the wall to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cable box

Okay and how is the cable box connected to the TV (HDMI cable, RCA component cables, coaxial cable, etc.)?

Do you have the original TV remote handy and do you see an Input button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hdmi cable

Okay, then you don't want to run a scan on the TV, what you instead want to do is use the TV remote and select the HDMI Input on the TV.

Look for a button labeled Input, Source, or TV/Video. If you can't locate this button, or run into problems simply press "Reply to Expert".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pushed the source button and selected hdmi an d its telling me no signal

Is there only one HDMI selection to choose from?

Also are you certain you're connected on BOTH ends (cable box and TV) with the HDMI cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pushed another source and the tv is working thank you . I guess I shouldn't panic so soon. can't under stand why I would get charged a fee on a new tv when it had your e-mail to get a hold of for my new purchase . not that your not worth it . but I answered my on question and
we weren't that involved.

Excellent you and I'm glad to hear it worked! When using HDMI and a Cable Box, you simply select the Source. We are not associated with GPX, Just Answer is a Tech service of independent Techs and the only way we are paid is with your positive rating.

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate me before logging off.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company