Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sometimes the cruzer function/source wont come up on the display

Sometimes the cruzer function/source won't come up on the display and I want to watch something from a USB stick. Whereas previously the option was always there for me to watch a movie from a USB.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- Have you tried USB memory device in another USB input of TV?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can't see a model number. it is a 55" LCD brand new smart tv.

there is only one port for a USB

Thanks Ben for the reply.

- Can you please check side panel of TV for small sticker for model info?
- Also, have you tried another USB stick in TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes- tried another USB and no luck.

there is a small sticker with a barcode on the side

samsung(NNN) NNN-NNNN8

So it is Samsung 55 inch LCD TV.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes for hard reset, replug and check USB stick works?
If still not then please format memory stick in computer at FAT32 file system, copy movie file on it and plug it in TV to check.
And if problem still doesn't resolve then it would be problem of USB processor chip failure and main board replacement would require, since TV is brand new so it would be repaired under warranty.
Please post back how it went.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the memory stick is fine- there is just no option to play through a cruzer...

it was always there before. why would an option that I've used frequently before just disappear?

it is like the tv suddenly losing its HDMI option

how is that possible?

USB option appears when TV recognize the USB memory stick in its USB port, without any USB memory device it wont appear that is why I requested to unplug TV power cord from wall for 10 minutes to reset TV that would help to clear any glitch in recognition of USB stick.
Once replug TV, turn it On, replug USB memory in TV and press source button that would give you USB device option to access to USB memory stick files.
Please post back how it worked.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i"ve unplugged the tv. i'm sure the cruzer option came up previously regardless if there was a USB in the port or not.

Let me explain it more, this option works same as it works in computer.
A computer wont give USB (mass storage) drive option if it doesn't recognize USB memory stick (for any reason).
Please try it in your PC, click My Computer to see hard drives list, there would not be any USB drive option if USB isn't plugged in PC.
Once USB plugs in, you will get USB drive icon in MY Computer window.
Same process happens in this TV, once it will recognize USB memory stick, it will display cruzer function to operate the USB device.
Hope these info will help.

Thanks.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech