Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My RCA TV screen is blank when I turn power on. I traded my

My RCA TV screen is blank when I turn power on. I traded my old box for a new one. Cables are all in correct place. I hear a little static that goes on and off. I checked the back of TV and just above the cable that goes into tv there is a red light that goes on and off at the same time as the static
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Was the tv working o.k when you replaced the cable box or did you replace it because of this problem ?

Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?

If so , do they seem to work correctly ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , can you see my reply above ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have a a pic on screen which said unusable signal . New box today and black screen with power light on
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Just a black screen ?

Can you see the TV's menu or anything appearing on the screen when you press the INPUT button on the TV's remote ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then , not sure what happened here but if the screen is completely dark and you cannot even see the menu or anything else then it does not look like a cable box problem anymore .

Does the tv respond to anything like on/off ?

If not then although I do not have great hopes in this procedure , here is something for you to try ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Let me know how it goes and please take the time to rate my answer if that does the trick , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a screen now and it says unusable signal
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then this is some progress but basically you are back to where you were yesterday.

Can you tell me what type of cables/connection you are using ?

Is it a single HDMI or rca type color coded cables ?