Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

samsung model PCL5415R tv was playing then i heard a pop

samsung model PCL5415R tv was playing then i heard a pop which sounded like blow out and then lost power. It sound as if a fuse blowed out. THE POWER LIGHT IS STILL ON WHEN PLUGED UP AND WONT TURN OFF.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions;

Any difficulty prior to this to turn the tv on ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

Any acting up as far as the picture and sound goes prior to this POP sound ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no. never had any problem.

no

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
O.k and is the light at the front flashing or just steady on ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

steady on

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then at this point I can tell you that the POP sound is not a good sign and that some component (s) have gone defective.

Without a blink code it would be very difficult to say which part of the tv went defective.

The power board would be the first suspect but then the horizontal and high voltages circuits would also be contenders in this case.

I`m afraid that those TV's were not an easy repair and definitely not what I would recommend as a "do it yourself " job in this case as we are dealing with high voltages.

You most likely will need the help of a local repairman in this case and I can tell you that to repair any of the circuits I described above, it would cost you some 300 to $350 to have it done at home.

If you go for the repair shop option then click on the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , this is a bit like buying insurances , it pays to shop around.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do but give you my experience in tv repairs and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok thanks for your help

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.
No problem, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after this chat is closed if you have questions
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer positively as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you.
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech