Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have an RCA 42" lcd full hdtv from 2010 and it turns on fine,

I have an RCA 42" lcd full hdtv from 2010 and it turns on fine, the display works, but it does not receive signals from any input (dvd, game systems, or PC). I have tried unplugging it and replugging it and resetting it, it doesn't seem to change anything. What next?
Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you. Seems like you have done a good job of diagnosing the Tv and with this information it means that your Tv needs a new Main Board. If you are good with hand tools and can be careful with the internal connectors then you can buy the board and install it yourself:

Click here to buy 42LA45RQ Main board (suggest you open the Tv and verify you are ordering the correct board)

If you cannot do this type of DIY work then you can find a trusted local repair shop by entering your zip code info here:

Click here to find you local repair shops

I wish there was better news. Please understand that I am here to give you honest and complete information. At least you are now informed of your options.

If you need more assistance then REPLY here otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,