Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How do I manually turn on TV if remote is not working?

Hello, and thank you for the question.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV so that I can look into this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. The power button on this set is called a "Jag Wheel", and is located on the lower left side of the TV. Pressing this button once turns the set ON. If the set does not turn on, then there is an issue with the TV and not the remote that is causing this. Let me know if you need further assistance or cannot locate the button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing happens when I press the jag wheel in

Then the remote is not the problem, and your TV actually has a fault. Can you please tell me the following:

1) How long have you had the set for?

2) Are there ANY signs of life on the set at all (power light lit or blinking, click sound when the power button on the TV itself is pressed, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3 years, no sign of life.

I was watching the TV 30 min. before with no problem.

Okay, this can be caused by one of several things, and upfront I want to tell you that if there is NO sign of life at all, then you're most likely looking at a power board failure.

Let's first try a hard reset of the TV.

Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 15 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in and also ENSURE the power cord connection to the back of the TV is secure. Then press power once and let me know if you have the same issue please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Same issue. Nothing happened.

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again, as there is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets. The problem could also be a cracked solder joint, or failed IC regulator, in which case it would be more cost effective to replace the board itself. The Power Board can be replaced with nothing more than a screwdriver and about 15 minutes of time. The entire rear of the set must be removed to access it however, and then the connections are simply plug ins. The link below is where you can purchase the Power Board for your set:

If you're not comfortable with this type of repair, then I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area. Average cost is about $225 parts and labor combined:

If you have more concerns then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).