Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

turning power on to tv flashes green then flashes red and wont

turning power on to tv flashes green then flashes red and won't start panasonic 50 inch vier a only 2 years old?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV to get related manuals open for trouble shooting the problem?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tbmu887 ? cant get tv off wall

Hi Trudy,

- Can you please check side panel of TV for small sticker that may have model number info?
- Also, how many times red light blinks after long pause on TV?
for example; 5 blink, pauses and repeats..

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

blinks 10 times and then pauses then starts blinking red again sorry no stickers this is a 50 inch

Thanks Trudy for the info.

Since I don't have TV model for proper diagnosis, however I'll try best to explain possible causes of problem.
There are few circuit boards in TV that can cause such issue, power supply board need to check for output volts or scan boards need to check for any burn marks to determine what board is bad to get it replaced.

- Can you please unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug and check, does power light start blinking instantly or it does when push power button?

Thanks.