Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

After about an hour my screen goes black, after I unplug the

After about an hour my screen goes black, after I unplug the power cord and re plug it, it will come back on for about another hour
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

too hard to get model No. and have had tv for around 5 years

Thanks for the reply.

Since I couldn't get model info so it would be hard to provide pin point answer, however, usually this kind of problem occurs due to bad capacitors or devalued resistors in power supply board of TV, some times scan boards found bad in this symptom.
Visual check of circuit boards for bad capacitors, that has top puffed/ bulged or liquid found on base, would help to get them replaced, it requires soldering work on circuit board for part replacement that should be done by handy person OR entire circuit board replacement would resolve the issue.
It also needs to check output volts with voltmeter before and after problem occurs to verify that power supply board is causing the problem.
Please check following link to get TV repair shops list in area by giving zip code that will help to get repair quote if you are not repairing this TV yourself.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and need to replace bad parts/ board to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would you have any idea of the cost of repairs

It depends on parts and tech labor rates in area, however, such repair may cost $250 to $350

Hope this info will help to make any decision.

Thank you.