Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

My sony bravia KDL-40BX450 has a cross hair on the screen and

My sony bravia KDL-40BX450 has a cross hair on the screen and will show ghost images on the bottom. How can I fix this
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 11 months ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you push the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up normal?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes the menu shows up fine. It is a year old and yes the problem occures nomatter what is connected

Can you get me a picture of this?

Tim
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Did something hit the screen there?

Tim
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

No, I was simply watching TV and the bottom color distorted and the crosshair appeared

When you say its a year old, is it over or under 12 months?

Tim
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

over

Ok so thats not great news Jon, the problem is, that is a bad lcd panel. The problem is the part costs more than the tv is worth, about $900 just on the part, I would say you probably paid less than that?

The only bit of advice I can give you if you don't have a warranty is to call Sony and complain to them, a lot of manufactures are working with their customers because these sets are failing so prematurely. A lot of times the manufacture will repair the set, or supply the part at no cost, leaving you with the labor for installation.

I am sorry I have no good news for you, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.