Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

magnovox 32mf338b27 great sound, graphics appear on screen

magnovox 32mf338b27 great sound, graphics appear on screen but no video(picture)
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Are the Direct TV and DVD running through a surround receiver, or do each have their own independent connection to the TV?

Also, what do you mean by graphics appear on the screen? Are you referring to the MENU, or Input icons, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Had tv for awhile now, problem came last week

independent connection

yes that is the graphics i am refering to

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply Colin. This means that your Mainboard is not functioning- which is the board that routes and processes the external AV connections. Are both of these connections made via HDMI- or a mix or component/HDMI, etc.?

Also, are you looking to repair the set yourself given a link to the parts and instructions?

Or are you looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can repair it myself, I have also found a board for $40.00 but I was hoping it was something less than that.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The board that you found is the Mainboard correct- the one with ALL of the AV jacks on it? If so, then that's the one you need to replace. I found the board through a reputable pulled parts supplier, tvpartsguy.com, but for $70. $40 is an crazy good deal on a Mainboard- most TV's the Mainboard is around $100 or more. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.