Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Hitachi P 42H401 does not come on....Blue lite lites, then

My Hitachi P 42H401 does not come on....Blue lite lites, then blinks 3 times, then 4 times, then repeats 4,4,4
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, does the light blink as soon as the set is plugged in, or only after the power button is pressed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bought the set new in 2008, has worked like a charm. Moved from wisconsin to Ohio, still good. moved again last weekend, now doesnt work...blinks after power button is pressed...

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried a basic hard reset of the TV? Removing the power cord then pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds, releasing and plugging it back in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, have not tried that....Went thru the manuals, nothing in there about that...Is that the Main power button under the set or the one on the panel?

It's just a basic universal reset- discharges the capacitors. The main button on the panel is the one you'd use.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try that... Does the light blinking 3 then4 give a clue such as a code, or no?

Yes the blinking light does give a code, but we need to discharge the current from the set first to see if it's legit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I am seven miles from the set right now, as I have no computer access from my home.....I will try that and get back to you tomorrow......anything you can suggest if that does not work?

Bill, if that does not work, then you're looking at the possibility of a Y Sus, Z Sus, or Buffer boards, provided the Power Supply voltages are all correct- primarily on this set you need to check the Vs and Va voltages off the supply, they should be roughly 170 and 65 volts DC respectively. You see the blink code on the set does not point directly to a specific board that needs to be replaced in this set- but rather where a Technician needs to start testing for faults. Let me know when you are at the set with a Meter and we can proceed from there.