Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have this same problem on the same Sony KDF 70XBR950 after

I have this same problem on the same Sony KDF 70XBR950 after a power surge. I have no electronics knowledge but it appears to be simple to swap out the board that the AC cord plugs into. Is this refered to as the "f board"? Sony part # XXXXX
Hello and thank you for the question.

We have no way of knowing what the original question was that you've referenced. Can you please give me all of the details of your specific problem, including what signs of life the TV has, or doesn't have and I will do my best to assist you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After a power outage (Im assuming a surge) the TV will not turn on. The green light blinks six times, pauses then the red light blinks six times pauses then repeats six times again and again. In another post this seems to indicate a power supply board failure. wondeing if I can replace the "f board" Sony part # XXXXX or if thats just a shot in the dark?

Thanks for the reply. The 6 blink code is normally a Thermal fuse in your set that goes bad and needs replacing. However seeing as the issue occurred right after a power outage (which is always followed by a surge when the power is restored), then I would lean towards the power supply board taking the brunt of the surge and possibly causing a capacitor to fail. However nobody can tell you with 100% certainty without going inside the set with a meter, and a service manual. When you press power on the set do the fans fire up and is there any clicking, or buzzing sounds coming from, inside the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No noises what-so-ever when I press the power button... just the indicator lights.

Okay, so no turn on relay click or anything else at all correct?

If that's the case, I would start with the Thermal fuse based on the blink code, and the fact that it's a very inexpensive part:

Beyond the Thermal fuse (which I would replace first), then the lack of the TV attempting to boot up at all would indicate the problem is in the power supply board). The power supply is the G1 board in this set.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great. I'll give that thermal fuse a shot. Do you by chance know what part # XXXXX power supply board is? I hate to throw parts at it but it's very timely and expensive to get a tech to my area.

Thanks for the reply. The G1 board for your set is available at the link below.