Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

There was a breif power outage, maybe 30 seconds or less, but

There was a breif power outage, maybe 30 seconds or less, but tv (model 2700) did not come back on. The red light on the front of the tv that indicates tv is off, does not come on. Have tried unplugging set, and even using another outlet. Is there a reset button somewhere?
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Unfortunately, no there is no other reset besides unplugging the power cord for a few minutes. At this point the only thing you can do is open the Tv up, diagnose the failure, then order and install parts. I am a technician and theoretically I could help you do that but there are no guarantees of the outcome and it would all hinge on your willingness and ability to use tools like a meter and solder. This can get very complex so I do not recommend it for someone who has no previous experience. If you decide to DIY, take the back off the Tv and reply here to get started.

If you cannot do this type of DIY work then you can find a trusted local repair shop by entering your zip code info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. If you do not require further assistance, please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About as bad as I thought it would be. Can you supply some "buzzwords" while looking for a new tv. I think I know 1080, but then I see 1080p and 1080i; LCD vs LED; 60Hz, anything else?

Todays Tv's come in many different flavors. Choosing the right one is mostly a matter of your budget, how many fancy features you want, how picky you are about picture/sound quality, and size of the screen.

Some Tv's have a 720p screen, some have a 1080p screen. The average person can't tell the difference. There are really only two kinds of Tv's- LCD or Plasma. LCD is becoming more common. When someone says LED, that only refers to the type of lighting inside the Tv screen (it's still an LCD). Again, the average person can't tell a difference.

If money is no concern then I recommend that you get a Sony, Samsung, or Panasonic 1080p LED. Don't worry, it's ok to get a less expensive Tv. No matter what you get, the most important thing I can tell you is to buy the longest possible extended warranty from the store.