Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a 42" flat screen model #420V0 When I turn it on it

I have a 42" flat screen model #420V0 When I turn it on it comes on for about 2 seconds and turns itself back off. What can I do?
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

What happens with the powerlight in the front of the set please when it does that?

Does the pic and sound come up ?or doesnt it get that far please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The light on the front comes on (bright white ) for two seconds and then goes back to orange. Pic and sound do not come on. It does not get that far.

Hi Don

Forgot to old is the set please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 4 years old

Hi Don

The problem is 90% certain to be a bad mainboard now this board will need to be replaced do you think you can do that yourself?it will mean the back of the set will need to come off , let me know if you can do this and I will provide more detailed information

A tech would charge around $300 to replace the mainboard you can find a tech in your area by using this link

Please let me know if you can do this, need more infor or further clarification or need to add something more yourself.

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating.

Many Thanks