Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

The TV screen of my Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR2 is completely black

The TV screen of my Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR2 is completely black with the power on. This occur suddenly while watching football yesterday. Is the likely the end of the life of this TV ?
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. Does the Tv still have sound?
2. If you press MENU on the original Sony Tv remote does anything come up on the screen?
3. What is connected to the Tv? cable line directly to Tv tuner or cable box, bluray, dvd, game, surround sound, etc.

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sound

The screen remains black when the MENU is pressed

Connections include cable line directly to cable box, a dvd and surround sound.

The only suggestion I have for you is to locate the POWER cords for your Tv, cable box, and surround sound. Unplug them from the wall outlet. Wait three minutes then plug the power cords back in. Turn on all your equipment and test.

If that doesn't help then unfortunately your Tv has a failure and needs parts inside replaced. I am a technician and theoretically I could help you do that but there are no guarantees of the outcome and it would all hinge on your willingness and ability to use tools like a meter and solder. This can get very complex so I do not recommend it for someone who has no previous experience. If you want to DIY then take the back off the Tv and reply here to get started.

If you cannot do this type of repair then it will likely cost about $300-$400 to have the Tv fixed. You can compare that to the cost of a new Tv. To find a trusted local repair shop by entering your info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry if there is no easy fix, at least are now informed of your choices. If you do not require further assistance at this time, please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,