Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My TV will not accept my DVD player as a video source. It

My TV will not accept my DVD player as a video source. It used to but now says the DVD player "source is not connected. Please check connections again:.
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you try another product in there with HDMI is it the same with that too please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first thing that must be done is for the firmware to be upgraded 90% of the time this is a firmware related issue (hdmi loss is common on all sets)
The firmware is here

Please follow the guide carefully dont skip anything.

Let me know if you have problems
Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating

Many Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is hdmi? How will a download help me on the tv? My computer is not connected to the tv.

Well HDMI is a format to watch high definition picture and high quality sound its the best current format platform to use for connecting your products it means High Definition Multimedia Interface.

Every electronic product including the dvd you tried to connect uses firmware to control the systems things can go wrong with the firmware which is why the manuf bring new firmware out to either remedy problems or improve the performance, you download the firmware from samsung via the link transfer this to a flash usb drive then this goes into the set if your not savvy enough to do this you will need a tech to do it, you can find a tech in your area by using this web address

Let me know if you need more info

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only rated "OK" because i did not want to be nasty. Your answer was so bad, it was ridiculous. I got Sears Service and it was fixed in two minutes. i was the dummy here, but your answer was "long gone"!

No the answer is correct if sears havent upgraded the firmware they should have, you dont lose the inputs without something being wrong if they just got the input back by resetting the set or making the set recognise the input then thats a band aid.

Most input loss problems particularly HDMI are firmware related that is the firmware string is corrupt and can be very intermittent

Thank You for the rating anyhow, I was just approaching the fault as I would do if the set was in the workshop as I say their is a reason why that input went down in the first place hopefully it stays good for you but if it happens again then it will need to be upgraded, this is a MUST DO upgrade from samsung at their consumer site so meant to be carried out by the user although I agree it can be difficult

Let me know if you need more info