Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a Mitsubishi WD52528 t.v. The t.v. will not turn on.

I have a Mitsubishi WD52528 t.v. The t.v. will not turn on. The timer light blinks green, then stops blinking. The fan will come on, timer light blinks green, and stops. This continues until I unplug the t.v. At no time will the t.v. turn on. Any ideas? I already tried the reset button.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV?
- Was there any repair or part replacement done in past?
- When did you replace lamp last time in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 8 years old. Replaced bulb in 2009. No other problems.

Thanks David for the reply.

How did you verify the lamp is good? by visual check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pulled it yesterday, and visually verified lamp is good. No red indicator lamp notices.

Thanks for the info.

- Please put your ear closer to lamp area at back of TV and observe, does ballast supply try to turn On to fire up the lamp?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No idea. I'm at work.

No problem David, we can continue it later when you get back to home.

OR want me to provide you possible reasons of problem right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How about some possible problems now. I'll try em whem I get home, and get back online if needed. Thanks

Sure, first suspected thing is lamp in TV that has reached to end of working hours lifespan but not broken/ dead yet and it is confusing lamp monitoring circuit so it tries to turn it On again and again, green blinking light is indication of that cycle.
Broken/ dead lamp will turn On Lamp Light on TV but weak performance lamp will confuse TV circuit.

Next suspected part is bad capacitors in power supply board of TV that doesn't provide sufficient voltage supply while TV is in boot up process (green blinking light) thus it resets and restart boot up again and it goes on..

I would recommend to remove lamp cover from back of Tv then turn it On and check lamp light that should blink in yellow, it will help to narrow down the issue that lamp is near to die and new lamp would resolve the problem.

Please post back how this test worked.
Thank you.