Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a Toshiba 55PW9363/17F with a poor quality picture --

I have a Toshiba 55PW9363/17F with a poor quality picture -- poor color(s) not sharp images. Opened the back and saw the three projection tubes. Is there a lamp that can fix this? Where might that be?
Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you.

Unfortunately this type of Tv does not have any user replaceable lamp. Those three CRT Tubes have a coolant inside that gets cloudy and causes your symptoms. The coolant can be changed but it is so complex that it must be done by someone with years of experience. The tubes can also wear out when they get over 10 years old. A repair shop will charge about $300 to change the coolant and if they find a tube needs to be replaced that is at least another $150 per tube.

What you can do is clean the lenses and if needed the mirror (only when the Tv is in a smokers home). Using non-ammonia glass cleaner and a soft cloth wipe the lenses and mirror. Just be careful not to turn the focus rings on the lens. If cleaning doesn't help then the problem is cloudy coolant.

If you cannot do this type of repair then you can find a local repair shop by entering your info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry if there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. Now please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,