Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My Plasma model # XXXXX 5N50A550S1F suddenly stopped working.

My Plasma model # XXXXX 5N50A550S1F suddenly stopped working. It will not turn on. Checked outlet, fuse bow, cable, etc it is dead. Do I née a technician?
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem.

I can assist you but yes, it seems your Tv has an internal failure. Unplugging the power cord for a few minutes is the only thing you can do unless you want to open the Tv up, diagnose the failure, order and install parts. I am a technician and theoretically I could help you do that but there are no guarantees of the outcome and it would all hinge on your willingness and ability to use tools like a meter and solder. This can get very complex so I do not recommend it for someone who has no previous experience. If you decide to DIY, take the back off the Tv and reply here to get started.

If you cannot do this type of DIY work then you can find a trusted local repair shop by entering your zip code info here:
Find you local repair shop

Sorry there is no easy fix, at least you are now informed of your choices. If you do not require further assistance at this time, please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Thank you,