Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Hitachi P50T501 that worked fine yesterday, but today

I have a Hitachi P50T501 that worked fine yesterday, but today when I go to turn it on, it seems to turn on, but pauses and turns itself off. I have unplugged the power cable to the tv and waited a few minutes and then plugged power back into the tv, but this didnt fix issue. Evedrytime i turn on the tv, it turns itself off. Stand-by light is flashing.
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is the light blinking continually please?or is it pausing and blinking please

How old is the set please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Light is blinking continuously.

TV is about 5 years old.

Serial Number: V7C003941

Hi Christian

The first thing that needs to be checked is the snot chips on the buffer board these sets do suffer from buffer board issues, they all need to be checked for pin holes <<<click notice in this image how the chip has gone bad

Do you think you can do this work yourself (assuming chips turn out bad)let me know and I will provide further details

A tech would charge about $300 for replacement of the buffer board you can find a tech in your area by using this link

Other things that can cause this are failed scan board(s) or powerboard trouble

I am sorry this isnt anything easier

Please let me know if you need more info, further clarification or need to add something more yourself.

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating

Many Thanks