Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

TV does not want to turn on model code HLS5687WX/XAC lamp light

TV does not want to turn on model code HLS5687WX/XAC lamp light as bean on for a wile
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Dan :

Thanks for the question. I'm Dan.

Dan :

Let me know when you've joined the chat.

Customer:

ready

Dan :

Excellent. Welcome.

Dan :

I just read over your question. Samsung HL-S that isn't turning on.

Dan :

How old is the TV?

Customer:

about 7 years

Dan :

OK. Have you ever replaced any parts?

Dan :

Had any work done on the TV?

Customer:

nope

Dan :

OK. What you're telling me lines up pretty well with the symptoms you described in your question.

Dan :

The TV needs a new projection lamp.

Dan :

Totally normal for a TV of this type and age.

Dan :

The good news is, it's user-replaceable.

Dan :

Let me get you a link to the part. Standby.

Dan :

OK. You need a BP96-01472A.

Dan :

You can get one >>here<<.

Dan :

Do you still have the owner's guide?

Dan :

There are replacement instructions in there.

Dan :

Usually in the back, in the Appendix.

Dan :

Are you still with me?

Customer:

yes looking for the owners guide

Dan :

Let me get you a link. Standby.

Dan :

OK, >>click here<<.

Dan :

Page 124.

Dan :

I'm here if you have any other questions.

Dan :

If you're finished, please close the chat by leaving me a positive rating. To do that, click a smiley face on your screen, then "Submit."

Customer:

could i take the old one out and bring it somewhere so they could replace it?

Dan :

Sure, that's possible. It would be cheaper (and probably easier) if you went with the $139 option on the link I sent you.

Dan :

That version comes with the lamp preinstalled on a brand new lamp housing.

Dan :

So all you would need to do is pull the old housing out, then slide the new housing in.

Dan :

You wouldn't have to mess with the bulb itself at all.

Dan :

But yes, you can always have a local shop do it for you.

Customer:

where in Montreal today?

Dan :

I don't personally know anyone in Montreal.

Customer:

and how do i take the old one out?

Dan :

Please >>click here<< and look on page 124.

Dan :

There are step-by-step instructions, with pictures.

Dan :

It's very easy.

Dan :

In short, you just remove a small door on the side or back of the TV, then pull the lamp housing out.

Customer:

how about best buy or future shop would thay have the part

Dan :

No, not normally.

Dan :

It would have to be a TV shop, or the Internet.

Dan :

By "shop" I mean repair facility.

Dan :

You can Google "BP96-01472A" for a more local supplier.

Dan :

Amazon.ca should have one.

Customer:

thanks

Dan :

My pleasure!

Dan :

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Dan :

If you're finished, please rate the service by clicking a smiley face, then "Submit."

Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.