Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Bought a Samsung LN32A550P3FXZA in 2008. When we turn it on,

Bought a Samsung LN32A550P3FXZA in 2008. When we turn it on, it makes an awful screeching type sound while the screen looks like it has vertical lines going up and down. It turns itself off, then back on; I think it's up to 3 or 4 cycles now. Sometimes on the second and third power cycles it makes the noise again, sometimes there's no noise at all, and the screen looks a little better, but still not clear. After a few of these cycles it finally turns on properly, but it's definitely taking longer and longer to work. Does this sound like a power supply issue?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Do you have voltmeter to check output volts of power supply board to determine it is power supply board issue or some thing else?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe so.

Hi Stacy,

This kind of symptoms occur due to bad capacitors in power supply board, since you don't see any bulging capacitors there that is why I asked to check output volts of power supply at connectors going to other boards.
Samsung had recall on this issue to replace bad capacitors in various models, please call Samsung at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNNand ask for free of cost repair.

http://www.samsung.com/us/capacitorsettlement/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.