Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The right side of our Sceptre HD t.v. goes dark and then can

The right side of our Sceptre HD t.v. goes dark and then can become normal again. It seems to be lasting longer though.....what can we do to fix it?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We've had the set just under 2 years.

The problem started about 2-4 months seems to be lasting longer though and that is why we have begun trying to fix it.

DVR, Xbox 360 and a Wii and yes the issues are the same with each device.

Thanks for the reply.

This is a known problem with this set and there aren't any settings or resets on the TV that will fix this.

This does require a component be replaced in the set, and it's a pretty simple swap of a board. The Power Supply/Inverter is failing, which is the component that controls the backlights of the screen. I've diagnoses about a dozen of these successfully in the last couple months.

If you're not comfortable with this type of repair, then a Tech will typically charge you around $175 parts and labor for this type of repair.

In this case you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service accordingly.