Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 52 inch led tv only works on dvd mode. When switch back

My 52 inch led tv only works on dvd mode. When switch back to regular channels,I only get the text for the channel in the top left corner of screen along with station call letters , screen is blank also no sound. My guess is a bad switching circuit ? model#is LC-52LE810UN
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

How do you get your cable broadcasting on the TV (cable box, direct coaxial to TV, etc.)?

If using a cable box, how is that connected to the TV- HDMI cable, component video cables, etc.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just a cable, no box or hdmi box.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

No cable box at all- just direct cable from the wall to TV? That is bizarre and not what I'd normally encounter with this problem.

Kevin, we get all kinds of people of different skillset on here, so I'm not assuming anything, but I just want to make sure there's absolutely no box at all in the mix here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the cable wire does go thru my vcr tuner,I have never had the problem before. it always went back to regular tv stations when pushing channel up or down button.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay this is important.

Look at the back of the VCR and see if there are three cables connecting itself to the TV. They may be red, white and yellow.

I need to know this info as I am not there to see the set and this allows me to wrap my head around a solution. There's a method to my madness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am at work right now, but I do have wires hooked up just for playing video s only not for recording.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Kevin, it's hard to troubleshoot when you're not at the set, but my best guess is that you need to use the TV remote's Input button and press it to get back on your AV Input to activate the cable signal. Likely you are just set to the TV Input, and that is why you're not getting any channels. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service accordingly.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company