Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Hello, my sons Sylvania TV suddenly does not have volume.

Hello, my sons Sylvania TV suddenly does not have volume. Via remote and on TV itself, can press for volume increase but no volume still. Is there something can do from here to help problem?
Thanks so much.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.
How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Also, what is connected to the TV for devices (Cable Box, DVD, Game system, etc.), and do you get NO sound on the TV regardless of which Device you select?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Greetings Aric,

This just happened. Perhaps an hour ago. Can not recall when TV purchased but know we have had long time. It is attached only to the small square cable connection, not the full box.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what you mean by a small square cable connection Rich. Do you mean a small cable box?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes sir.

Thank you.

This can be caused by one of two things.

First, let's try the following.

First, make sure the Volume is turned up on BOTH the Cable Box AND the TV. Each has its own independent volume control and if one or the other is turned down, then you will have no sound.
Beyond this, please reset the system by following the steps below:
Please shut the TV and cable box down. Unplug the Cable box from AC power for one minute. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.
The sound should be back on at this point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bid you good evening and thank you. Son is happy, wife is happy, and I am happy. Blessings to you and yours.

Please take good care and thank you again.

Excellent and I'm glad to hear it worked. Have a great evening as well, and please take a moment to rate me so that the site credits me for my work.