Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My sony tv wont turn on. I hear the click as if to turn on

My sony tv won't turn on. I hear the click as if to turn on then it immediately turns back off. The front red light does a double blink and goes black and then double blink, etc. what does this all mean.
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is it 2 blink pause 2 blink pause and so on please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Blink, Blink pause

Blink, Blink pause

Blink, Blink pause

This means the set is in over-voltage-protection initially checks are needed on the powerboard both visually at capacitors and checks will be needed using a meter, data I have here indicates their is probably a problem with the powerboard itself however checks will be needed to confirm that can you do any work yourself on the set?I will provide more detailed info once I understand that you can

If you dont feel comfortable with that a tech would charge around $300 to replace the powerboard (subject to checks) you can find a tech in your area by using this link

I really am sorry this isnt anything easier.

Please let me know if you can carry out work or need further info or need to add something extra yourself.

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open even after rating.

Many Thanks