Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

Hello Aric, I have an LN52A550P3FXZA with the same issue as

Hello Aric, I have an LN52A550P3FXZA with the same issue as submitted to you 20 hours ago. I've had it about 5 years. There is a repeated clicking sound from within the set accompanied by the power light blinking. It hasn't ever taken multiple times to power up nor shut itself down while watching it. This just started Saturday.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

This problem does indeed determine a component level failure in the TV that requires service. It's due to faulty capacitors on the power supply board that are under-rated and short internally, or blow causing the set to be stuck in a bootup sequence. In some rare cases the issue can be caused by a faulty Mainboard (the PS_ON signal is generated by the Mainboard).

In order to repair this yourself, you would need a meter and to be comfortable working with live electronics.

Or, you could purchase the power supply board first, then if that does not cure the issue send it back for a refund (less a re-stocking fee), and purchase the mainboard instead.

If you're not comfortable with this type of repair and are looking to have the set repaired by a Tech, then you're looking at between $250-$300 parts and labor.
If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate my service before logging off.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

do you have any recommendations for service techs or have heard of good & fairly priced service shops in the northeast Ohio area (Akron area)?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the reply.

I don't personally know of any shops out in your area, but this repair is fairly straightforward, so any shop that's worth their salt would know what to do.

If you'd like you can use the following link to locate a shop in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com