Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have vertical lines in groups of 7 lines then a space and

I have vertical lines in groups of 7 lines then a space and 7 more a the way across the screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV itself, does the MENU display OVER the lines or behind the lines?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have had the tv about 7-8 yrs the problem started about 2 weeks ago.We have a DVD wii and dish the lines are behend
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. Bob.

What I'm looking for is this specifically:

Are the lines there when watching the DVD?

Are they also there when viewing the Wii?

Are they there with Cable?

The most important question is this: Press MENU on the TV itself, does the TV's MENU come up over the lines, or behind them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, yes,yes and behind them
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This indicates a hardware failure in the TV that requires component replacement. Is this something that you're looking to do yourself? Or are you looking for a diagnosis and repair estimate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your time I will see about getting it fixed
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome and I wish there was a quick fix. When the problem persists on all devices and is also present over the MENU, you are looking at a fault in the DMD board which processes all of the video before sending it to the screen. If MENU was not affected, then you'd be instead looking at a Mainboard. Average cost for this type of repair is around $150 for the board, and then another $200 for labor. If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate me before logging off.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company