Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My tv has vertical lines of different colors

Hello and thank you for the question. How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur? Also if you change the Input over to a DVD does that device work as it should on he TV? Are you able to pull up the sets internal Menu image or is it simply covered by the lines?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This tv is 3 yrs. old and even with dvd input picture (vertical lines) still the same

Tank you Rick.

Even more important than the DVD, or cable, can you pull up the TV's internal MENU using the MENU button on the original Samsung remote?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I tried the menu button with the held of a samsung tech rep

Okay, I'm still not clear as to whether or not the MENU will come up on screen. Please keep in mind I am not there to see these things, and am relying on you to be my eyes and ears.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The menu will come on the screen trust me on that I dont know what you want on the menu. Im upstairs on the computer and my tv is downstairs. I tried everything possible on the tv. The only thing I havent done is take off all the screws in the back and look inside. If you can tell what to replace inside and how its done I will let you charge that $28. from my card.

Okay, there's nothing I want on the MENU. Here's the stated there's nothing but lines when you view a Cable Box signal.

You also said the issue is the same when you're trying to view a DVD correct?

So, in other words, what I am asking is this:

Is the TV's MENU the only thing that will show up clearly, and cleanly on the screen OVER these lines please?

I also need to know how thick these lines are.
If you can tell me this, then I can tell you IF the set is repairable and what the cause is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, let turn the tv on, please give me a few minutes.

No problem Rick, and please keep in mind the more information and detail you can give in answer to my questions- the better.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can see the menu under the lines and it is not very clear either. The lines are about 1/4 inch thick.

Okay, this is not good news, and there are absolutely no settings or adjustments you can make to correct this issue. Lines that thick and covering the MENU indicate only one thing- and that is a faulty LCD panel. To repair it would require replacement of the entire Display Panel from the inside of the TV. The cost of a new Panel is typically 80% of the cost of the TV, and to replace it entails removing all of the boards inside the TV and essentially rebuilding it. Once the cost of labor is added to the repair, it would cost you more than a new TV to fix this. I wish I had better news for you, but once the Panel has failed in this manner, the set is not cost-effective to repair, and you would be better off purchasing a new set. If you need further assistance, let me know. If not, please do not forget to rate my service.