Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Mitsubishi LCD TV - model # XXXXX that is experiencing

We have a Mitsubishi LCD TV - model # XXXXX that is experiencing vertical lines when first turned on, and they remain until the TV has been on for anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes, then they go away and we can see the picture. Once the picture comes up we see some video blurring - mostly to the left of the screen, as we look at it. The screen sometimes looks darker, overall, at times.
Issues are getting more frequent over time.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV?
- Dos TV keep display normal picture after some time?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response, Shahid! The tv is 5 years old, and when the issue started (approx 6 months ago) it would keep a normal picture with little to no blurring at all.

As time has gone by, the period of time it takes the tv for the veritcal lines to disppear is longer, and the blurring has occured, and appears to stay longer.

For example, last night, the tv blurred all night, and it was on for at least 6 hours.

Today, the blurring eventually went away and it appears to be keping a normal display

Thanks for the reply.

This kind of symptoms in TV appear due to two things, either T-Con board is cause of problem or display panel (screen) internal circuitry is failing.
T-Con board provides video data to display panel internal circuitry to generate an image and this board would be located under shield at center of rear of display panel and swapping T-Con board will confirm that display panel is OK or not.
T-Con board would be available in shopjimmy.com and this repair may cost around $200 but please note that it may or may not fix the problem.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+lt-52144

If T-Con board replacement doesn't help then display panel (screen) is defective and it would cost more than new TV price of same screen size so replacement TV would be better choice instead of investing money on this unit repair.

I hope these info will help to make decision about this TV, please feel free to respond if there is additional question,

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.