Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a very functional Samsung Syncmaster 1501 MP television

I have a very functional Samsung Syncmaster 1501 MP television in my 2004 Pleasure-Way camping van. However, it is analog and cannot receive the digital signals via the roof-top antenna, although it works fine when hooked up to an RV park's TV cable system.
Could you recommend a digital replacement for this analog TV and suggest where I could purchase this? Thank you so much
Joe [email protected]
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

I could recommend a replacement for the TV if that is the route you're choosing to take, however a much more cost effective solution would be to simply purchase a DTV converter box that converts the Digital Cable signal, then connects to the TV either by a coaxial cable or to the AV Inputs on the set. This would run you closer to $50-$100 as a workaround to spending money on a new TV- if you otherwise like the TV.

If you'd like a link to a converter box that would work, simply let me know and I will continue to assist you here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you recommend both please

- a DTV converter box

- a digital TV to replace the analog one

and where to purchase either one. thanks!! Joe

Thanks for the reply.

Does the TV need to remain the same size at 15", or can it be a little larger?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would prefer it to be 15 inch so that it can fit into the same frame as the old one.

I understand. Samsung does not even make sets that small that are not computer monitors, and the same holds true for all other manufacturers as well.

The best solution in this case would be to purchase a Digital tuner box and then connect it to this Samsung TV- which can be purchased at the link below of from a local Electronics Retailer:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's helpful information. Thanks for your prompt reply!! Joe

You're very welcome Joe. If you need further assistance let me know, and please do not forget to rate me before logging off.