Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

How to connect a Samsung sound bar HW-E350ZA to a Samsung TV

How to connect a Samsung sound bar HW-E350ZA to a Samsung TV UN40EH6000F?
Hello and thank you for the question.

Your TV does not use RCA left and right for Audio Output- it uses either 3.5 mm stereo or Optical.

The cable that Samsung gives you with the soundbar will not work. You need one that has 3.5 mm stereo on BOTH ends, to connect to the mini jack on the TV, and the mini jack on the soundbar.

The RCA jacks on the TV are for INPUTS only (not output), and that is why this is not working.

If you need further assistance let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why did they send the useless cable? Since I have to get a new cable, please recommend the correct optical cable and where I can get it. If I get a cable with 3.5 mm stereo on both ends where do I connect it on the TV?

Because not all TV's use the same cable, and they basically gave you one that is the "most" universal. You can't use an Optical cable because your soundbar doesn't have an Optical Input- I was simply stating the two kinds of connections the TV has.

The 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable connects to the little tiny headphone style jack on the back of the TV labeled specifically "Audio Out", and then connects to the Soundbar (same style jack). You can get this cable at Best Buy, Radio Shack or Wal Mart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the system working using the 3.5 mm cable and AUX input. If I get the proper cable can I use one or both HDMI jacks on the sound bar or is the 3.5 mm cable the only choice?

Glad to hear its working. The hdmi is only to connect a cable box or blu ray player to the sound at then route the video to the tv. Its a more reliable connection to use the 3.5mm cable. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate me before logging off.