Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

sanyo dp119649 no picture

sanyo dp119649 no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Do you have sound please?

Is the disply black please?

Let me know
Thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

with antenna plugged in no picture no sound, without antenna, it is a snowy picture, no sound, the antenna i am speaking of is a satellite feed

Hi Chris

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up OK?

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

anthony i dont have the remote with me right now but side buttons do bring up menu

Hi Chris

Its very likely to be a signal input issue from your receiver or dish.
If you try another input like a dvd player and thats OK this further points towards a signal input issue.
If thats the case (please check the lead from the receiver to the TV and the lead from the dish to the receiver)then you will need that looking into, you could try and reboot the box though by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again, its not gauranteed but could reset the box receiver

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or a conclusion reached if not please press the reply to expert tab without rating and I will continue to help

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

anthony

signal is fine, unplugged from one tv working great right into this one, thanks again

Hi

OK you took the input directly from the TV thats bad to another, signal OK thats fine that eliminates the receiver, now I need to know what input are you using on the TV?is it HDMI or RCA for example?it will be marked on the TV

Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

its the 75ohm hookup, round coax

thanks

Hi

Aaagh I see OK that means its coming through RF

Did you know thats the worst way you can connect a receiver upto the set?

Their will be RCA or HDMI output from the box to the TV, its a probability that the tuner may be bad on the TV the best you can do is try to retune the TV if the TV then doesnt find the receiver then the tuner could be bad as the signal is going through the sets tuner, the best way is to connect the receiver via HDMI OR RCA component or even composite is better than the way you have it.

Let me know if I am missing something here or maybe teh receiver can only out put at RF let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok going to try that, just out of curiosity, why is that the worst way, i have never heard that, or i would have been hooking up differently?, does the 75 ohm damage the tuner?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

have the set hooked up now through rca, sound but no picture

thanks

Hi Chris

When you connect the receiver up via RF that is the sets tuner the signal processing is purely analogue and the drop-out of picture quality is very high for modern receivers, if you use for example the component output the signal does not have the carrier attached to it and is injected into the TV in "componet" that is Red Green and Blue the quality vastly improves because of this and component can accomodate high definition pictures upto 1080p, HDMI is even better as this is digital uncompressed signal with high quality digital sound, so you can see what I mean here.

Yes it is possible for the tuner in the TV to get damaged as the sensitive RF transistors or FETs can go open circuit with antenna TV this happens a lot during storms

If you can connect the set up to the box by HDMI or component or composite in that order then you have vastly improved the quality of the picture.

At the moment all as you can do is try a retune of the set the way it is now.

Let me know if you need more info.

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes i dont know if you received last post, sound but no picture through rca, if you could help with that or let me know what could be done

Hi

OK on the TV what input are you using as composite and component use RCA and you cant mix them up?

What input are you using on the TV and what output are you using on the box composite or component please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i am using rca output from the box and into the tv, i am sorry i am not that familiar with composite or component (the terms i mean)

Hi

On the box it will be marked component OR composite component will be red green and blue leads with 2 more for the sound a yellow and white composite leads are yellow for picture and white and red for sound

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok got it

i am using composite leads

red/white/yellow

Hi

Well the yellow goes to yellow (composite stay away from component)composite on receiver yellow composite on TV and then the two sound ones you then need to pick out the composite input using the TV remote you may need to keep cycling the input button on the remote to find it have you done that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes

i have the sound and the input is labeled "sat" shows in the top left corner when i change inputs

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

anthony sorry, i had two inputs switched, now tv is playing sound and picture, so what does that mean about the 75ohm hookup is that hookup damaged in some way?

Hi

Yes the tuner is probably bad in the TV the only thing you could have done is retuned the set however its likely the 75ohm input that is the tuner that the lead plugs into is bad, its not really worth getting involved with that, unless you use an outside antenna on the set.

Let me know if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer, thank you.

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thanks

does i actually was going to use it with an outside antenna, so you think it would take repacing the tuner?

Hi Chris

Probably.
The set may have been off tune for the fault however its likely that the tuner is bad yes, you could get the tuner replaced but it could cost you $100-$200 in my opinion if its not going to be used then theirs no need to replace it

Anthony
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok

thanks

does the tuner come in a board/tuner configuration, i was just going to price them

thanks

Hi

Yes it comes attached to the mainboard unfortunately the complete mainboard would need to be replaced if you decided to do that, if you want to do that let me know it will mean getting the board out getting the partnumber from the board and ordering the board cost between $50-$150 depends where its got from.

Let me know if you need more info

Chris please remember to rate the answer its the only way we receive credit from the site.

Thanks again
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main