Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have TV model TFTV/1904. While watching I lost (air) signal.

I have TV model TFTV/1904. While watching I lost (air) signal. I have done a channel search several times, checked connections and checked antenna. Nothing.
Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Does your antenna hook directly to the tv or does it go through a converter box first?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Directly to TV. It's on my boat and about 2 years old. I even disconnected antenna from TV and checked it on another TV and it works.

When running the channel scan, does it say its picking up any and then at the end not show any? Or does it show not picking any up during the scan?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I recall it shows it's scanning for a number of channels, but doesn't find or select any.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $125-$150 to fix the set.

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $170-$250 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Either of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!