Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My E320VA looses sound when I change channels sometimes. It

My E320VA looses sound when I change channels sometimes. It is connected to a Direct TV client receiver with a HDMI cable supplied by Direct TV. The Client receiver has been changed numerous times but still the problem remains. Hook-up with a component cable instead of a HDMI seem to work better. Any solutions?
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you use another input like a dvd player for example does it do the same with that please?

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, other inputs seem to work fine. I have also moved the Vizio and connected to the main Genie receiver with the HDMI Cable and it seems to work fine. Direct TV has changed out the client mini Genie several times and they insist it must be the TV.

Hi

It cant be
You have tried another product and it works using HDMI the same input as the receiver, please just to verify that try something else with HDMI, if thats OK it has to be the receiver, and the very fact it loses channels to me just confirms this is a problem with the receiver it cant be anything else the TV has nothing to do with "channels"its only monitering channels from the receiver on an input in your case HDMI, the channels are within the receiver
Their may be a cable supply to your home rather than the receiver if they have changed it but definetly NOT the TV

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean with "Their may be a cable supply to your home rather than the receiver if they have changed it but definetly not the TV? Direct TV is a satellite supplied provider.

Hi

Yes I know sorry I was just talking with some one else and thought you had cable, it doesnt matter the answer is the same if you try another HDMI to verify what you have already tried then that puts the set in the clear the sound signal from the receiver may not be compatable with the sets electronics or its threshold level for the sound is not good enough from the receiver thats not a fault of the TV, direct TV should make sure the signal level is high enough that the TV deals with it OK, other products work via HDMI so its their problem.
Having said that they may try it with another set (receiver)and it may be OK again the answer is the same the box manuf should make sure the signal level is high enough to deal with the vizio set.

Please make sure that any SAP setting within the box is switched off thats about the only other anomaly here

Anthony