bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.

I have TFDVD 3299 and the DVD player has stopped working.

I have TFDVD 3299 and the DVD player has stopped working. Where can I take it to get it repaired or can I just remove the DVD player unit and insert a new one. The 1 year warranty expired the day before yesterday. My zip code is 44512.
Thanks for stopping by:

Coby does it's own repairs in-house, and does not sell new parts to TV Technicians.

As per Coby's warranty page: "Products out of warranty requiring service will be reviewed individually, but all will require the shipping and handling fee."

So, if it is only a few days out - they may still cover the repair.

If the DVD player just "stopped" working - there may be a simple problem like internal fuse or power supply issue, that any competent TV repair technician near you can diagnose and repair on the component level.

I suggest contacting Coby first - to see if they will extend the warranty a few days for you - as you expect a TV/electronics to last more than 1 year.

CLICK HERE for warranty information and contact info for Coby.