Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

I have a JVC flat screen TV. Model is RM-CI4G. I must have

Customer Question

I have a JVC flat screen TV. Model is RM-CI4G. I must have hit something on the remote control because the picture on the tv is now a aqua blue-yellow (I can still sort of see the program on TV and hear sound). Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV (not the remote)?

Also, when you press MENU on the TV remote (not the cable box remote), is the MENU perfectly normal?

Also, can you tell me if the cable box remote was what you were using when the picture became aqua blue-yellow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. The JVC model is LT-37X 776 (flat screen HDTV)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Anne. There were some other questions I asked, but that's okay we can skip that part for now.

Please shut the TV off, then disconnect the cable box from power for 20-30 seconds. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the cabling between the TV and cable box on both ends making sure they are secure. Then plug the cable box back in, and once it's rebooted power the box on, then turn the TV on. This fixes the problem you're having in 90% of the cases I've seen.

If this does not work, simply reply back and we can proceed from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes!

I don't remember. Both my TV remote and the cable box remote fell off the table and then I guess a button was accidently pushed and now the TV display is cyan aqua bright blue.

Can you call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX? This chat is messed up on my computer.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I cannot call and your number is XXXXX from me being able to see it.

Can you run through the steps I provided above and see if that works for a fix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I turned off the TV and disconnected the cable box from the power about a minute. Then I disconnected and reconnected the cabling between the TV and cable box on both ends and I made sure they are secure. Now I plugged the cable box back in and just rebooted the power. Waiting for the reboot now. Once it's rebooted, I will turn the TV on. It takes about 5 minutes to re-boot. I hope this fixes the problem. Respond back to me so I can then respond back and tell you yes or no that the problem is fixed. I used this service once before and the expert fixed my tv!

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply Anne, take your time and let the process complete, then simply press "reply to expert" if it does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Aric,

Ok. Everything was rebooted and I turned the TV back on. The picture is still a bright cyan aqua blue. I can sort of see the outline of the TV program that is on the display but the picture is that bright cyan aqua blue. Now if I put in a DVD and play that on the TV, the picture is fine. What else can you recommend? Is the video card in the TV bad?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No, this problem has nothing to do with the TV at all- it's your cable Box video output.

The TV does not know the difference between the DVD player and the cable box. What I mean is that if the DVD player plays perfectly fine- then we know the TV is fine.

The TV's internal MENU also shows up fine.

Your solution is simple- but does require a call to the cable company. You need to have them swap out their box with another as the video output or the connecting cable between the TV and cable box is faulty.

Tell them you verified with a Technician that the DVD image, and TV MENU is fine, and they will agree that the box is what's causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to rate me before logging off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. So I'll call the cable company tomorrow and get a new box. Anything else you can think of to fix the picture now?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No there isn't. We rebooted the box and made sure the cabling is connected tight. If you have another cable, you could try that but beyond this the box is faulty.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.