Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a modelUN46D6420UFXZA. There is thin horizontal lines

I have a modelUN46D6420UFXZA. There is thin horizontal lines across the top 20% of the screen ,also a semicircle blue dot in the upper right hand corner.Dot is there even when tv is off. The interference becomes worse the longer the tv is on .There is an increase in brightness and double image in the area mentioned. Also 20 goes to 30%. Steve
Hello my name is Anthony
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is it like this with other inputs please like a dvd player for example?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is this evident on-over the menu display please?

How old is the set please?

Let me know please
Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is the same with Netflix. the same in menu. 1yr. 6mo.
Hi Steve

I'm sorry to have to break this news to you its a bad LCD display, thats about the worst thing that could happen with the set, unfortunately its not an option to replace the display panel (screen)because of the cost it would exceed the cost to replace the set as new.

Steve your best move is to complain to samsung, manufacturers are very aware of panel failure its a very common occurence and are known to help owners who have had their set for less than 3 years.

I am sorry I dont have better news than this I see panel failure it on a daily basis.

Please let me know if you need more info

I know its not what you want to hear however it is the right answer and I would be grateful if you could rate the answer as OK or better as this is the only way I receive credit from the site.

Many Thanks